BURLINGTON, ON – Chicken Farmers of Ontario (CFO) is pleased to introduce the CFO Board of Directors and District Committee Representatives (DCRs) that have been elected by CFO farmer-members, effective March 26, 2020.
CFO welcomes Scott Buchan, former DCR who as been elected to represent District 8 on the CFO Board of Directors.
CFO welcomes Jennifer Huberts and Jeannette Poole, incoming DCRs in District 7; Henry Koskamp, incoming DCR in District 8 and Chris Klompmaker, incoming DCR in District 9.
The CFO Board of Directors also held their annual election for Board Executive positions on March 27, 2020. These elections are traditionally held in-person following the CFO Annual General Meeting. However, given the current circumstances surrounding COVID-19, the Board elections were completed via a digital platform in order to mitigate public health risks posed by the pandemic.
CFO Board executive and elected position election results in alphabetical order:
- Ed Benjamins, Chair, Chicken Farmers of Ontario
- Scott Buchan, Poultry Industry Council (PIC) Representative
- Jordan Fois, Farm and Food Care (FFCO) Representative
- Rick Kaptein, Canadian Broiler Council (CBC) Representative
- Rick Kaptein, Chicken Farmers of Canada (CFC) Alternate Representative
- Tim Klompmaker, Chicken Farmers of Canada (CFC) Representative
- Murray Opsteen, 1st Vice-Chair, Chicken Farmers of Ontario
- Adrian Rehorst, 2nd Vice-Chair, Chicken Farmers of Ontario
CFO would like to thank Mark Hermann, District 8’s outgoing Board Director. Mark has served as a member of the CFO Board of Directors for the last two, two-year terms, and before that he devoted his time to the DCR team for many years. Mark’s contributions to the Ontario chicken industry have been significant, and his hard work and dedication is very much appreciated.
In addition, CFO would like to thank the following outgoing DCRs for their commitment to the Ontario chicken industry; Al Hiddema and Martin Van Zandwyk from District 7 and Michael Heuving, District 9.Source : CFO