PEDv, Where Do We Stand? Three leading swine veterinarians and researchers give producers a timely, informative overview of porcine epidemic diarrhea (PED) virus. The experts will cover what the industry has learned about the disease's impact on production, herd immunity/exposure, diagnostics, mandatory reporting and other important topics
Dr. Dane Goede, University of Minnesota College of Veterinary Medicine
- Overview the current incidence of PED based on Swine Disease Eradication Center's national surveillance program.
- Impact on sow herds and overall production, including time to negative status and time to return to baseline production levels.
Dr. Mike Murtaugh, University of Minnesota
- PED immunity and immune response in pigs.
- Insights into current and potential future diagnostics relative to virology, serology and effects of vaccination.
Dr. Paul Sundberg, Vice President Science & Technology, National Pork Board
- List of industry accomplishments in dealing with PED the last 14 months.
- Explanation of the mandatory USDA reporting program.
- Review key learnings about biosecurity/surveillance that can be applied to future foreign animal diseases.