World Pork Expo, organized by the National Pork Producers Council, is back for its 34th edition running June 8-10, 2022, in Des Moines, Iowa.
By Andrew Joseph, Farms.com
Squeeeeeal! We can hardly contain our excitement—the 2022 World Pork Expo is back!
Since 1988, the National Pork Producers Council (NPPC) has presented the World Pork Expo, and has become the largest pork industry-specific trade show in the world.
This year’s world’s largest pork industry-specific trade show event will run from June 8-10, 2022, at the Iowa State Fairgrounds in Des Moines, Iowa, and will once again feature thousands of US and global pork producers, industry professionals and experts for three days of education, innovation, and networking.
Networking—just getting out to see the rest of the pork community—that may be the best part of the event after the events of the past few years.
In 2021, some exhibitors and visitors opted not to attend over Covid-19 concerns, while the event was cancelled outright in 2020 because of the pandemic, and in 2019 shuttering as a caution against spreading ASF (African Swine Fever) into the North American swine population.
But… now it’s back, bacon.
What can you expect to see at the 2022 World Pork Expo?
The exhibit space, which presents the latest pork production products, services and technologies, is expected to exceed 300,000 square feet, and will feature some 400 exhibiting companies from North America and around the world—including PigChamp, owned by Farms.com (that’s us!), and its Computerized Health and Management Program (CHAMP),
Exhibitors will be on-site displaying products and services at their booths, as well as at outdoor exhibits and hospitality tents.
The event expects to be the gathering place for over 10,000 pork producers and ag professionals from North America and the rest of the world.
So… networking… the World Pork Expo is well-known for its networking opportunities, educational seminars, packed trade show floor, and events—so attendees are warned to plan their schedule to ensure they can access all the packed programming they can muster.
The trade show is open Wednesday, June 8 and Thursday, June 9 @8AM–5PM; and Friday, June 10 from 8AM–1PM.
Some of the events at 2022 World Pork Expo include:
- Business Seminars and the Pork Academy will be providing producers the opportunity to learn about critical topics such as sustainability, data, industry collaborations, nutrition, and more.
- Breakfast at the McRig, courtesy of McDonald’s, on June 8-9 from 8-10AM. Snag a bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit or sausage, egg, and cheese biscuit with a side of hash browns. The McRig is located at Grand Avenue, west of the main entrance.
- Get Your Fill at the Big Grill. Attendees are also invited each day to stop by the Big Grill for a free lunch from 11AM to 1PM. The Big Grill is in the grassy area south of the Varied Industries Building.
- Get Grillin’ with the Grillologists. Self-proclaimed “Grillologists,” Mad Dog & Merrill entertain and educate thousands of backyard enthusiasts every year with the finer points of grill’n. Attendees can join in the laughs and a filming of Mad Dog & Merrill Midwest Grill’n at booth G162 on June 8 at 2PM and again on June 9 at 10:30AM.
- Networking lounge. Lounge Hours are held in Meeting Room B from 9AM to 12Noon, and again from 2PM to 4PM for opportunities to network with staff experts from the National Pork Board and answer questions about sustainability and disease preparedness.
Enhanced Biosecurity Measures
Four biosecurity checkpoints will be set up around the show, requiring all attendees to pass through the foot baths before entering.
These are located: south of the main entrance at Gate 15 and the Animal Learning Center, SW of the Jacobson Exhibition Center, SW of the Varied Industries Building, and at the west end of Grand Ave before you reach the hospitality tent area.
More information on all biosecurity measures can be found HERE.
For more information about the 2022 World Pork Expo, visit https://www.worldpork.org/.
Go see our crew from PigChamp while you are there and check out our latest issue of Benchmark magazine!