SaskPower is urging farmers to stay safe during the harvest season.
In a news release sent out Thursday, the Crown corporation said it has observed 187 incidents involving farm equipment this year as of Aug. 8.
That’s more than the total of 169 from the same day the previous year.
“Anyone close to agriculture knows that everything has happened a bit earlier this year,” said Scott McGregor of SaskPower. “Timelines have been adjusted; the season in many parts of the province has been shorter. That’s likely why we’re seeing a slightly higher number this year than we did the same day last year.”Click here to see more...